PHOT5597 started

>> Wednesday, September 2, 2009

As previously mentioned, I enrolled in my fourth class for the Digital Photography certificate program at Algonquin College back in July. The class is called Composition and Design and I had the first class this past Monday evening and am really excited about it. As I am sure you are aware, I haven't been entirely pleased with the last two courses I have taken for this program (multimedia applications and photoshop for photographers). I learned things during these last two courses, don't get me wrong, but I wasn't happy with either the pace or the instructor and was therefore put off by them.

So far, this instructor seems pretty good. Sure he is a little into himself and his photography, but what professional photographer isn't? I mean, how are you supposed to teach without showing your own work, the stuff you understand the best? Anyway, I really hope I continue to enjoy this instructor because he teaches the lighting course that is mandatory for the certificate as well as two optional workshop courses, all of which I want/have to take.

The class has 6 assignments for which I am actually going to need a fair bit of help for as some of them are portrait assignments, but I will be speaking to my friends about this later. I believe we only have a week to complete each assignment as the class after it is assigned we critique each others work. I am both nervous and excited about the critiquing process. I am excited to finally get some third party opinions on my work at the level I feel is appropriate, but extremely nervous that my work won't make the grade and will fall short of everyone's expectations, including my own.

I will of course keep you all posted on my progress and will be posting my assignments here as I complete them. I have a few ideas for the assignments, some of which include the conference in Chicago I am attending later this month - hopefully they will turn out as well as I am picturing them in my head.

0 comments:

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP