South McCormick Courtyard

>> Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The previous two posts were photos taken at the South McCormick Courtyard which is next to the Art Institute of Chicago. It is a breathtakingly beautiful space that was designed by Dan Kiley. The Fountain of the Great Lakes resides within the space and was designed by Lorado Taft between 1907 and 1913. The fountain displays five women with the water passing through them in the same fashion as it passes through the Great Lakes. The entire space was gorgeous and I took many photos during my three visits there, the preceding ones were some of my favourites.

0 comments:

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP