Small Flash

>> Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Shortly after deciding to purchase my SB 600 Speedlight, I registered for yet another course at Algonquin. Well this isn't actually a course, but rather a workshop. The Small Flash Workshop. It goes for two days (Saturday and Sunday) and doesn't count towards the certificate program that I am working towards, but I think it will be essential in learning how to use my new flash unit effectively.

"This workship is for serious amateur, or the budding wedding or PR photographer, who wants to finesse the use of basic on camera's flashes. Subjects covered wil be: how to balance direct flash with ambient light, bounce flash, fill slash outdoors, flash as main light outdoors, removing flash off camera for directional lighting (e.g. in simple umbrella setup), use of secondary flashes with slave units and coloured gels, use of flash meter."

I am hoping that by taking this course I can knock a couple weeks off of my learning time when it comes to my new equipment, which will be really handy as I need to learn how to use my new flash in time for the later assignments in my composition course.

*Update* Tuesday, September 8 @ 11:21AM
I received a call from Algonquin today stating that this course had been cancelled. It was originally scheduled for this upcoming weekend and had a second offering in October. There is now no longer one for September or October, but rather one in November. I have switched into that course as I feel it will still be useful to take then, but will need to learn how to use my flash effectively on my own in order to do well on the assignments for the composition course.

0 comments:

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP