PHO5597

>> Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I have enrolled in my fourth Photography night course at Algonquin College - Composition and Design. It starts at the very end of August and will run until near the end of December - Monday night classes from 7 til 10. I am glad to be back to one night a week as two was just ridiculous. It of course didn't help that I wasn't too pleased with the course I took in the summer, but I think even with a course I loved, twice a week would be too much for me as I work full-time and all.

The course description is as follows:
"Students are introduced to the basic elements of composition and their practical applications in improving their photography projects. Assignments relating to the various elements of composition are completed. The history of photography, along with visual composition is discussed and demonstrated in this class. Students visit local museums (Canadian Museum of Contemporary Photography and National Gallery of Canada) to study exhibitions."

I am excited to be in a photography based course again as the computer based ones were really starting to bore me. I am also excited about the field trip to a museum in the City. I have a pretty strong feeling that is will be the National Gallery of Canada as my company is doing work for the Canadian Museum of Contemporary Photography based on future construction work therein, but I could be wrong. I do however, have a pretty strong feeling that this course, like the first I took, will hold only minutes of new information within the 3 hours long weekly classes, but will be useful information that will help me be better at what I love.

0 comments:

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP