Temporary Hiatus

>> Wednesday, July 15, 2009

You may have noticed that lately my photo blog has not been as active as it usually is. I have a few excuses for this and a few explanations as well. First the excuses, I have been really busy with work and working so many extra hours that I haven't had the time to dedicate to my photography or any post-production of photos I have taken over the last few months. Now onto the actual legitimate explanations.
I recently finished my third course as part of my Photography Techniques Certificate at Algonquin College. I was not thrilled by this third course and unlike previous ones, it did not let a fire under me to really get moving with my art. I have two months off from Photography courses and unconsciously decided to take a slight break from avid photography in an attempt to allow myself to see it as a hobby that I love and not schoolwork that I must complete to get a grade. I knew this latter viewpoint would be a side effect of taking courses at the college level, but also knew that the benefits far outweighed it.
In about a week I will be registering for my fourth course at Algonquin and am planning on taking one of the actual photography based courses rather than the computer based ones that I have taken in the past. My hope is that I will learn something in my next photography based course that I can start using my art as a way of income in some fashion, but that is not up for discussion right now as it would confuse me and weigh heavy on both my heart and mind.
I have a few events in the near future that will result in a great deal of photos and therefore more regular posting here again, but until then, I apologize for the lag.

0 comments:

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP