Damage Found

>> Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I went to my parents' house on Saturday and went through their old photo albums. They were primarily photos of my dad and his siblings - a few of his ancestors (parents, grandparents and further back). I picked out three that were pretty damaged and I think would be challenging to fix (and therefore give me a good grade in my class).
Damaged Photograph #1: My grandparents (Beach) on their wedding day. This is literally the only photo of their wedding according to my Dad. It has some rips along the right side and a great noise from dust and scratches. There are no significant markings on their facings however which would make this image pretty easy to restore. It is pretty much my safety restoration photograph for this assignment.
Damaged Photograph #2: Beach children with dog. This photograph has tons of noise from dust and minor scratches. It also has some pretty significant damage to the edges of the photograph and has multiple large tears in the central area of the photograph. There is some damage to the face of Aunt Diana, Tom and my Dad. This one would be a challenge, but I believe it is doable.Damaged Photograph #3: Aunt Carol on a horse. This is a photograph of my Dad's eldest sister, Carol. I am not entirely sure how old she is, but she is on a pinto pony. My mom says these horse would come around to the houses (even in Timmins where she was at the time) and you could put your kids on them to have their picture taken. The photograph is in pretty good shape in terms of dust and scratches. It has two large fold marks down and across the image one of which runs straight through Aunt Carol's eye while the other goes across the horse. I believe this image is fixable (by myself) but it will also be a challenge.I am going to restore all three of these images and then pick the best on to submit for my class. Hopefully it will be hard to chose which one should be submitted as that will mean I did an excellent job on all three of them. I am definitely looking forward to working on these images - I think it is going to be challenging, fun and rewarding.

1 comments:

Christine Sweeton May 26, 2009 at 6:12 PM  

Ohhh, I'm looking forward to seeing these afterwards. Good luck!

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP