Motivation Monday - John Sexton

>> Monday, December 14, 2009

"And then as I frequently do, some times I'll peek out from underneath the focusing cloth and just look around the edges of the frame that I am not seeing, see if there's something that should be adjusted in terms of changing the camera position" - John Sexton.

John Sexton (born 1953) has had quite an impressive career thus far. He has many honours and awards to his name and of course, a fantastic portfolio. He is quite possibly one of the most widely known contemporary black and white landscape photographers and educators. He had the honour and privilege of working with Ansel Adams from 1979 to 1984 (when Adams died) and this clearly shows in his magnificent works. He teaches several workshops and has taught many museums and universities in the past on photography techniques both in and out of the darkroom (including print making).
I love how his images are so incredibly classic and yet completely distinguishable. More classic examples of how one can take an every day scene, similar to the above photograph, and make it simply breathtaking. Also the complete control of his equipment - which is evident in the second image in this post, of the forest stream.
(images found through Google)

0 comments:

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP