Assignment #6 - The Assignment

>> Thursday, December 3, 2009

Monday night we were given the final assignment in my Composition and Design course: Architectural Photography. We were assigned a building to photograph, exterior and interior using techniques (and/or Photoshop work) to eliminate any distortion that occurred in the photo. In theory, this sounds like an interesting assignment and I had kind of been looking forward to it all year, but in reality it wasn't that great. I had thought we would each be assigned a different building on campus as there are so many, but all the students were asked to photograph the same building and the building itself is far from the nicest looking one (during the day or night). I struggled to take photos that night as I was really uninterested in it and knew that it doesn't really matter what mark I get on this assignment as my mark for the course is pretty much decided already based on the rest of the assignments.
I managed to scrape together enough energy to take the exterior shot at night, though I am not a fan of how the building got lit up so I will likely be returning this weekend to take a shot during the day. I then ventured inside to find an interesting, and unique location for the interior shot. I knew the larger classrooms would be pointless as everyone would shoot them and I ended up taking shots of the registration office and queue area as well as some shots of the cafeteria from a couple floor up. The latter of these two sets will be subject of other students as well but I needed a backup in case my first idea fell through.
Normally I would take hundreds of shot for an assignment, particularly one we are supposed to primarily shoot that day, but like I said before, I just wasn't feeling this one. I took about 60 shots total and hopefully it will be enough to get my standard A-, or not too far from it.

0 comments:

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP