Motivation Monday - Hellfirediva

>> Monday, October 5, 2009

Deviantart (DA) is a wonderful place full of absolutely amazing artists. I have been on the site for over two years now and pretty much since the beginning, have been watching one artist in particular, Hellfirediva. Her work is primarily animal and nature based, though she has several photos that do not fall in these categories. She has the most breathtaking images, like Bolero which I think is my favourite of her pieces (I apologize for not putting images here. I did not ask for permission and as she states on her DA page, she does not want anything reproduced without her written permission and I believe in adhering to these requests). Her actual name is Kristina Kotarski and she lives in Ohio, though is originally from Germany. I enjoy every aspect of her art from the image itself to the titles she gives them - the titles for my works are bland and uninspiring, while hers are poetic and match the image perfectly, which is something I really want to work on. I think the reason I find her work so motivational is because mine is along the same lines - or rather, the images I want to capture (those that are in my head) are the basic versions of her images. She has honed her skills and found her niche and has therefore found a very strong, and well deserved, following on DA.

0 comments:

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP