Nikkor AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G IF-ED

>> Friday, November 26, 2010

 

 

I recently purchased the Nikkor AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G IF-ED lens. I AM IN LOVE! Below is the first real shot I took with my lens (Colour Palette):

DSC_1517erI have been thinking of this lens and planning its purchase for quite some time and I am so happy with how I have spent my year-end bonus. It is a beautiful full frame lens that I will be able to use for the rest of my photographic life. Even though it is a full frame (FX) lens, it is still compatible with my non-full frame (DX) lens. The zoom range on a DX camera is approximately 35-105mm


imageAccording to the manufacturer (Nikon):


  • Three Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements and PGM aspherical lenses control chromatic aberrations while enhancing sharpness and contrast, even at the widest aperture settings
  • Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables ultra high-speed auto focusing with exceptional accuracy and powerful, super-quiet operation
  • Focus as close as 14.9 inches
  • M/A focus mode switch enables quick response to changing situations between manual and auto focus operation
  • Enhanced optical formulas engineered to produce exceptional sharpness, contrast and color, rendering outstanding image integrity
  • Exclusive Nano Crystal Coat further reduces ghosting and flare for even greater image clarity
  • Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet auto focusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject-working distance through the focus range
  • Rugged construction with professional-grade dust and moisture resistance

This lens is one of the sharpest Nikon lenses on the market today, it provides creamy bokeh and the autofocus is remarkably fast. It does have a few drawbacks such as it size, the lens is quite heavy and large as well. Fortunately for me, it still fits in my bag while attached to my camera body. The focus ring and zoom lens are in different locations than I am used to and the latter is quite close to the camera body itself.



Like I said, I am super happy with this lens so far and don’t see that changing anytime soon.

0 comments:

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP