Inspiration

>> Sunday, June 21, 2009

Inspiration for my photography comes from many places but I have always been incredibly inspired by Yousuf Karsh when it comes to portrait photography, as I am sure most portrait photographers are. His work captures the true character of the subject and it seems so effortless. He was truly a photographic genius.
Dave and I went to the Karsh Festival at the Science and Tech Museum this weekend and it was even better than I thought it was going to be. Not only were there some amazing photos displayed but also some of his tools for developing and retouching photos. There was also a portrait studio set up where you could take Karsh-like portraits. The camera present was a 'view camera' like Karsh might have used at some point (obviously it was incredibly basic and was really a digital camera in the framing of a view camera). And Dave and I tried it out.
If I had been thinking I would have used my camera with their lighting setup so that I could have gotten some higher quality photos, but it was fun nonetheless.

0 comments:

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP