PHO5539

>> Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I just registered for my third photography (night) course at Algonquin College - Photoshop for Photographers/Beginners. I have been looking forward to this course since I first researched the certificate program a couple years ago. I know the extreme basics of most of the things we are going to go over in the course as they were introduced to me in the Basic Digitial Photography course I took in the fall, but I am expecting to get much more out of it this time around as the emphasis will be on the Photoshop work and not the image itself (ie. post production). The course is described as:
"Students learn how to manipulate/enhance digitized photographic images using basic Adobe Photoshop tools. Specific Photoshop tools include: dodging/burning, contrast and brightness control, colour balance, basic masking and special effects filters. Students utilize basic selection tools and demonstrate how they are used to combine parts of one image with another. Basic retouching, photo restoration tools, as well as digital colorizing of digital images are also covered. Students are encouraged to bring some of their images to work on."
It starts on May 5th and runs twice a week (6:30 to 9:30 Tuesdays and Thursdays) until June 23rd. I am hoping there will then be a break between this time and the beginning of the next term so I can travel out east for a week or two without hindering my performance in the next course. Like I said before, I am really looking forward to this course - I hope it lives up to my expectations unlike my current course.

*update - March 17, 2009 @ 2:46pm *
I sent an email to Algonquin College and just received word back from them - apparently there are no courses offered for the Photography Techniques Certificate Program during the second summer term (July/August). I guess I will be taking two months off from school - whatever will I do with all the free time?!

0 comments:

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP