Assignment #1

>> Tuesday, October 7, 2008

We have been given our first assignment in the photography course I am taking at Algonquin College. I am actually pretty excited about it even though it is pretty basic and simple. The assignment has multiple parts to it so far and it will get bigger as the course goes on (so essentially we have one assignment with multiple parts only some of which we have been given so far).

  1. Depth of Field
    a. 2 sets of photos showing depth of field (ie. take one photo in each set at the smallest and then the largest aperture to drastically change the depth of field).
    b. Two to three general pictures showing depth of field.
  2. Motion
    a. 2 Freeze Action Photographs (Name pretty much says it all – capture motion in a single moment, all aspects of the photo should be sharp)
    b. 2 or 3 Selective Motion Photographs (Depicts motion by allowing some elements of the photo to be blurry (moving parts, etc))
    c. 2 Panning Photographs (Captures motion by having background blurred while moving subject remains sharp. This is achieved by moving the camera at an identical speed as the subject passes by (ie car, etc).)

I technically have all the photos I need to fulfill the assignment as I took shots for each category when I was downtown this past weekend, I just want to make sure I have the best and most interesting photograph for each one. I don’t want to have the same pictures as everyone else and at the moment my panning shots are nothing special – just cars passing by, though they do have the parliament buildings in the background rather than just trees or something else.

0 comments:

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP