Hogs Back Park

>> Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A quick look through my photo collection effectively shows that one of my favourite places to take photos is Hogs Back Park. I first went to this location as a reward for biking the along the canal as hard as I could – I got to stop and leisurely take pictures in a pretty setting. I later started going there on a semi-regular basis since I moved right around the corner from the park. It was fast and easy to get there and gave me something to do when I was bored or looking for creative release. There are the pretty standard animals, chipmunks, chickadees, crows, squirrels as well as the odd rabbit or raccoon. Of course the Hogs Back Falls are right there waiting to be captured on film and the abundance of trees, which are absolutely beautiful in the fall. Sometimes the paths can be a bit dark and hard to take non-flash pictures, but they are usually pretty well lit and wide enough to sit down on the side of them and set up some great ‘patience’ shots of more timid animals. I have found that one of my greatest tools when coming here is a container full of bird seed – though I have recently decided to trade up for a container full of sunflower seeds as the animals tend to just pick those (and the peanuts and corn bits) out of the seed.

Recently, I moved a little further away from the park and have found myself stopping there on my way back home from other locations. It is a great standard and if I am feeling a bit iffy on any shots I took other places I can always stop here and know I will get a couple good ones.


The above shot was taken at Hogs Back Park two weeks ago . I sat on the side of the path with some birdseed and my Nikon D80 and waited for the chickadees and chipmunks to get used to me and start coming closer. It was a great couple of hours.

*Note* I am considering using this photo for my photography course at Algonquin College so any and all advise, comments and/or suggestions you have about it would be greatly appreciated.

0 comments:

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP