Daguerre's Birthday

>> Friday, November 18, 2011


Today is Louis Daguerre's 224th birthday!
In case you don't know who he is, here is a link to his wikipedia page. Essentially he was a photographic pioneer and invented the daguerreotype process of photography. He also captured the first photograph of a person entitled Boulevard du Temple in 1838. "The image shows a street, but because of the over ten minute exposure time the moving traffic does not appear. The exceptions are the man and shoe-shine boy at the bottom left, and two people sitting at a table nearby who stood still long enough to have their images captured." I personnally find all of this very interesting.

0 comments:

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.


  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP